share a post about love
my first thought was *uggghhhh great* because of course as soon as I read it I immediately thought "I'm not in love, have no love life, am all alone...(blah blah blah.. cry me a river..)" but the more I have mulled over the prompt all week the more I realised I had to broaden my thinking - obvious to some...not me apparently.
So while I may still be on the lookout for the love of my life, there is so much to love about my life, so much I love, so many people I love and things I love to do....
I started to make a list but it was getting too ridiculously long and I feared I would miss something or someone. So with Winter upon us and everyone giving it a bit of a beating I thought I would share 5 things I love about Winter:
1. Birthdays - there are some lovely people in my life who celebrate their birthdays in Winter (me included...hehe)
|First Day of Winter is also my niece's birthday!|
2. Hot drinks - Nothing better than cuddling up on the couch with a nice cup of steaming hot green tea after dinner, or meeting friends in a nice warm cafe for a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.
3. The Fashion - I hate being cold and I LOVE the fashion of winter...in case you haven't noticed I have a little obsession with scarves and I just love a big warm scarf with jeans and boots.
|Love me a good winter scarf outfit!|
4. The Food - I do love a good salad in Summer, but I think I equally love a good stew/casserole/soup in Winter. I love getting the slow cooker out and having it cooking away all day!
5. Fireplaces - I don't have one but my Mum and Dad have one at their place and my sister has one at her place. I love the warmth of the fire and watching the flames and wood crackle away.
So while I would probably never chose Winter as my favourite season, I am trying to look at things more positively and focus on the good things about the season ahead, and if I fall into the trap of hating it, then there's always this:
Do you love Winter? What do you love about it?